As always, ApacheCon is a great occasion to meet people. Among the notable encounters for me:
- Stefano, which I had not met for years, and gave a very inspirational talk on growing communities by comparing them to plants (hey, put your slides online!)
- J. Aaron Farr, explaining Stefano and I the incredible complexity of the chinese language.
- some of the core Wicket developers, Eelco Hillenius, Martijn Dashorst, Johan Compagner and Matej Knopp: great guys that care a lot about their project and are eager to learn about how healthy communities work.
- David Nuescheler, who came with promo material for Day containing subliminal messages in an esoteric language that only true geeks can understand!
- Peter and his wife Tricia, who was so amazed when I explained her how the Airbus company works. Big multi-national european consortiums are strange beasts for US people!
- Bertrand and his hilarious void talk() ligthning talk,
- The Hippo/Sourcesense crew led by Arjé and Gianugo.
Hopefully next ApacheCon will be less busy!